« All Events
Intergenerational Trauma and Healing
November 15 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
This session is inspired and informed by the findings of The Wellbeing Project and Georgetown University, who together launched the Being and Transforming Think Tank. The intention behind this work is to explore the relationship between the inner self and the outer world so that an inner wellbeing orientation informs the social change sector’s thinking and work, including educating the next generation of changemakers. One of the two focus areas for this work is intergenerational trauma.
The Wellbeing Project will share:
Healing by Choice! will share:
- What intergenerational trauma is and how it affects changemakers, organizations and our larger communities
- Uplift how addressing trauma can be a pathway for social change.
- Some of the findings from their upcoming report which will explore intergenerational trauma.
- How we must recognize intergenerational trauma as a widespread challenge to achieving well-being at scale, which requires ongoing attention and healing in different forms for different experiences.
Register here: https://survey.zohopublic.com/zs/kqRp1X
- The importance of healing through the healing justice framework.
- Examples of their work in the community.
- Lead participants through a few self-care and community care practices.