WHAT IS THE WELLBEING PROJECT?
The Wellbeing Project is cultivating a shift in the culture of the field toward one that is healthier and more supportive of inner wellbeing for all those working to effect social change. We believe that the social change leaders who invest so much in compassionately helping others around the world need and deserve access to ideas, inspiration and resources to be well. Our overall mission is to support and grow the wellbeing movement. You can read more here.
The Wellbeing Project is co-created with Ashoka, the Esalen Institute, Impact Hub, Porticus, the Skoll Foundation and the Synergos Institute.
HOW CAN YOU JOIN OUR WRITING TEAM AS A VOLUNTEER CONTRIBUTING AUTHOR?
JUST FOLLOW THESE 4 EASY STEPS
1. Email the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short bio (5 lines max.)
A sample of previously written material (2 examples max. related to the topic) Contact information (name, email, telephone, social media profiles)
2. Get inspired! We want your personal viewpoints, opinions and stories. We’re looking for you to take your experiences of the outside world and reflect on how to achieve and maintain inner wellbeing as you navigate your career, relationships, physical and emotional challenges, and the world around you!
3. Read through the following Legal Agreement (below) and sign it (e-signature approved).
4. Don’t let that inner voice stop you! Fear or thoughts such as, “Why would my writing be selected?” can get in the way of our success. Instead, think “Why NOT me.” If you have no past experience as a writer you still have a voice that we would like to hear.
Building Your Story!
The common denominator that unites all of the pieces we produce and publish is that they inform in a novel manner. Our process is collaborative. Our goal is to work with you to give your message and your voice the opportunity to be heard.
We aspire to provide knowledge, perspective and insight in order to inform and inspire about wellbeing as a whole.
EDITORIAL STYLE ADVICE
• Include a title and headline that best captures the subject and tone of your article.
• Attach a high-quality featured image. You must either own the copyright to the image and provide us with the right to publish it or provide an image you have purchased the rights to (please provide proof of license) or that comes from a source such as Pexels.com or Pixabay.com that provide free licenses (please provide attribution information).
• Tone: informal, positive, honest, and written from your unique point of view.
• Write in a way that is accessible for our international audience.
• If you’re writing about an issue or challenge, be sure to provide some tips or strategies that can help people to find a solution.
• In-text citations are acceptable.
• Avoid large quantities of statistical information.
• Cite and reference all sources.
• Approximate number of words: 500 – 1000.
We want you to write about wellbeing topics that you are passionate about. If you need some direction or inspiration, here are a few samples:
• Wellbeing & Social Change
• Wellbeing Tips
READY TO GO? HERE’S HOW TO SUBMIT
OUR SUBMISSION PROCESS IS SIMPLE
• Contact us with your information (see above).
• Attach your article (include submission date).
• We will respond confirming your article has been received.
• Your article will be reviewed by our writing team.
• If edits or changes are required, we’ll notify you by email and provide the recommended edits. You can either choose to provide us with a rewrite addressing the requested changes or pass on resubmitting.
Feel free to submit a different article at any time if you so wish.
• Once we accept an article as a final draft, we will notify you.
• We reserve the right to use an alternate image to any image or images submitted by you.
• Your article will be published on SHIFT MEDIA, attributing you as the author, and we’ll tag you on social media when it goes live and is shared.
We look forward to reading your work!
PLEASE KEEP THE FOLLOWING IN MIND
• Avoid plagiarism.
We only publish original content (we don’t republish from other websites or sources). Potentially expect a rewrite.
We’re here for you! You can contact us with any questions.
All the best,
The Wellbeing Project Team